Skip to main content

OLIVE You Cheesecake for My #SixteenCheesecakes Party


Jake and I are celebrating 16 years of marriage tomorrow. Sweet sixteen. On one hand that feels like a lifetime; on the other, it seems to have passed in the blink of an eye.

In this past sixteen years, we've had two boys, lived in two states and five different houses, and juggled probably a dozen different jobs between us. We've traveled to Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Florida, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona; we've visited Italy and Costa Rica. We've SCUBA'd, zip-lined, canoed, and tangoed. It's been an amazing adventure.

But it's also been work. A lot of work. Don't let anyone tell you that marriage is easy. Maybe that is what makes the celebrations all the more sweet.

So, why cheesecakes? you ask. Well, we had seven cheesecakes at our wedding instead of a traditional wedding cake. So, it seems a fitting way to commemorate the occasion.

Last year I rallied some blogging friends to help me celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary. I was only looking for fifteen cheesecake recipes. But we posted waaaaaay more than #FifteenCheesecakes

It was such a hit and I had so much fun that I decided to see if I could get enthusiasm for another round of cheesecakes. Yep. This is an encore performance by some of my favorite foodie bloggers.


More than #SixteenCheesecakes



OLIVE You Savory Cheesecake
I wanted to try my hand at a savory cheesecake and decided I like the play on words: olive you. I love you. Okay, it's cheesy...but this is a cheesecake party. My gluten-free crust didn't hold together as well as I had hoped, but it was delicious.

Ingredients 
makes three 4" cheesecakes
Crust

  • 1-1/4 C gluten-free bread crumbs
  • 1/2 C finely chopped pecans
  • 1/3 C butter, melted
  • 1 T crumbled bleu cheese
Filling

  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 ounces mascarpone
  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • 2 T gluten-free flour blend
  • 1/4 t freshly ground salt
  • 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 T olive tapenade
Topping

  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • 1 T whiskey
  • pitted green olives for garnish


Procedure
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans, and crumbled bleu cheese.


Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased springform pans. Place pans into freezer and make the filling.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, sour cream, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add egg and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in olive tapenade and pour on top of crusts. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.

While the cheesecake bakes, prepare the sour cream topping. Spoon topping over cheesecake and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Leave oven ajar and let cool for 1 hour.

Loosen edges of cheesecake from pan with a knife. Cool for another hour. Then, refrigerate for another hour.


To serve, remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with halved olives, if desired.


Happy Anniversary, my Love!


Looking forward to trying all these cheesecakes from my blogging friends. 
Which one do you want to try first?

Comments

  1. You two are adorable - I love that we get to join you to celebrate this special day with so many delicious treats! Happy anniversary Cam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Cam. Thanks for putting this event together for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Camilla! Those years sure can go by fast, can't they? I love olives, so your picture in the linkup caught my attention right away. I really like the idea of a savory cheesecake, I'm going to have to try something like this soon.

    Thanks for allowing us to join you in celebrating your anniversary with this party. May you and your husband enjoy many more years of happiness together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April. Yes, I loved the look of the green olives!! I tried black, first, but it looked a little dark!

      Delete
  4. I think I would love this as "OLIVE" olives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Camilla! You're right, marriage is a lot of work but the partnership and unconditional love no matter good or bad is priceless.I wish you many more years of cheesecakes! And thanks for including mine so I could celebrate along with you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, and thanks for letting us in on helping you celebrate. Those 16 years can fly by. We're going to hit our 37th this year, YIKES!!! I love a savoury cheesecake and this one looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me, Sid. 37? Congratulations!!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Camilla, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Birthday Food over at Carole's Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the Birthday fun. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I love the pics of the two of you. The cheesecake looks fantastic and I love that you made it in a heart shaped pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I could only find the heart pan. It was fitting.

      Delete
  9. Wow! I've never had a savory cheesecake before. Yours looks delicious! Happy Anniversary and thank you for bringing together another great event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I wanted to experiment. It was delicious.

      Delete
  10. Very different, I love, love love it! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me, Cindy. I love your rootbeer float cheesecake!

      Delete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! Thank you for letting me partake in your #SixteenCheesecakes!! It's ben a long time since I've had a savory cheesecake and this seems like a perfect snack with crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary Camilla! Thank you so much for hosting! And I love the savory take on a cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the savory. Love the pun. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of a savoury cheesecake and the play on words! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary! I wondered how to serve a savoury cheesecake, but I'm thinking that this looks perfect. You could bookend the meal with cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary! The idea of savory cheesecake fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for including all of us in your celebration! Olives + Cheesecake?? YUM!! I need to try a savory one next for SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a savory cheesecake how yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meyer Lemon Custard-Filled Matcha Turtles #BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our  Pinterest board  right here. Links are also updated after each event on the  Bread Bakers home page .  We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Stacy of Food Lust People Love  is hosting and she wrote: "Your bread can be large, as in one big animal, or small - animal-shaped rolls. Use your imagination! Points for flavor and shape!" If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to Stacy at foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. Here's the animal-shaped bread basket from the #BreadBakers... Beef and Sweet Onion Dim Sum Pandas from Karen's Kitchen Stories Bird Bread Rolls from Ambrosia Easter Bunny Buns from Cook with Renu Ham and Cheese Elephant Rolls from Food Lust People Love Hedgehog Bread from Making Mir

Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé #Winophiles

This month the French Winophiles group is looking at affordable wines from Burgundy.  Host Cindy of Grape Experiences wrote: "Burgundy, or Bourgogne, is known for its wines of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir... as well as Aligote, Gamay, Sauvignon, César, Pinot Beurot, Sacy, Melon in lesser quantities. Many of the well-known wines are quite expensive, but there are plenty of values to be found." Read her invitation here. And there won't be a Twitter chat for this event, so you will have to dive into the articles themselves to read about our pairings and findings. Here's the line-up... Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm enjoys Domaine Chevillon Chezeaux Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits, 2018 Paired with a Maple Pecan Chicken . Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares her love of Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé. Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick! explains why we should Look t

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce